From Broken to Beautiful
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
Every child deserves a loving family, but many families throughout the world are broken. As Christ followers we know that Jesus calls us to provide for orphans and widows in their distress- by His power and grace to take something broken and make it beautiful. Currently there are approximately 8,700 Oregon children in foster care, over 2,000 in the tri-county area alone. Within our local community there is a great need for foster families. Internationally there are approximately 150 million orphans, 17.6 million having lost both parents.
Let us partner with you in the journey from broken to beautiful.
Ways to Get Involved
Adoption & Foster Care Connection
The Adoption & Foster Care ministry at Countryside exists to support, encourage and show Christ’s love to those who have been touched by adoption or foster care. We seek to be a loving place for those in need, helping parents be better parents and supporting the overall adoption & foster care community locally and globally. Join us the second Sunday of every month where we start off with a pot-luck dinner, followed by a time of discussion, education and support. Childcare is available. Please RSVP by filling out the registration form here.
Take Action- Foster Care
There are many ways you can help foster children, from becoming a foster parent or child advocate to donating clothing and supplies or giving foster parents a break with a “night out”. Here are some helpful links where you can find out more:
- Become a court appointed advocate for a foster child through CASA
- Become a Foster Parent
- Donate to Northwest Children’s Outreach
- Become a volunteer for our “Foster Parent’s Night Out” by emailing Cassie Williams
Take Action- Adoption
Adoption is at the very heart of the gospel- God the Father adopts us as His children, and makes us all “sons” (co-heirs) in Christ (see Ephesians 1:3-6, Romans 8:15-17). So we are emulating our Heavenly Father’s act of love and grace when we bring children into our families through adoption. If you are considering adoption, here are some helpful links to adoption agencies:
- All God’s Children International
- Bethany Christian Services
- Boys and Girls Aid
- Christian Family Adoptions
- Holt International Children’s Services
- Oregon Foster Care
We are building a Lending Library at Countryside with books and training resources to help educate you in adoption and foster care. Find out more by calling the church office at 503-925-0689.
- The Connected Child: Bring Hope and Healing to Your Adoptive Family, by Karin Purvis & David Cross
- No Drama Discipline, by Tina Payne Bryson and Daniel J. Siegel
- The Whole Brain Child, Daniel Siegel
- Help for Billy, Heather Forbes
- Being Adopted: The Lifelong Search for Self, David Brodinsky